Emmaus Moravian Church Holiday Craft Show Experience Monday, November 4, 2013
We had a table at the lovely Holiday Craft Show at Emmaus Moravian Church this past Saturday - November 2nd. This was our third year in a row at this annual craft show, and it was certainly fun for all!
There were at least a few dozen vendors filling tables in several rooms of the building, offering a variety of items from homemade dog treats to boomerangs to teddy bears! I'm sure plenty of people found wonderful gifts for their loved ones at the craft show.
My Grandmother and boyfriend were a great help at the event. Here are a couple photos my boyfriend, Corey, took of ideology's table at the event:
We offered a selection of handmade necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings and barrettes at our table. Custom pieces were also available to customers, as we were making jewelry during the event, too! I found that jewelry I just designed while at the event seemed to be pretty popular - which was an awesome surprise.
Overall, everyone seemed to have an amazing time at the craft show, and I'm looking forward to having ideology jewelry at many more craft shows and events soon. So, stay tuned!
Photos courtesy of Corey Arner.
Holiday Craft Show at Emmaus Moravian Church - Saturday November 2nd! Wednesday, October 30, 2013
We will be a vendor at this year's Holiday Craft Show at Emmaus Moravian Church this Saturday - November 2nd! Please join us and get an early start on holiday gifts for all your loved ones! We will be selling many of our popular designs as well as some unique offerings that we don't have available online.
The Holiday Craft Show is from 9am to 3pm at the Emmaus Moravian Church (146 Main Street Emmaus, PA 18049). To see a sample of the items you may see there, visit our online shop! You can see more information about the event on our Facebook page. We hope to see you this Saturday!
SAVE 50% on EVERYTHING! Tuesday, October 22, 2013
In order to prepare for the launch of a new handcrafted line from ideology, we are offering a HUGE DISCOUNT on all of our inventory in our online shop of 50% OFF! These are amazing savings that will only last for a limited time, so save now by using coupon code: HALFOFF2013
So, go to our shop right now and pick out all your favorite handmade designs from ideology before they're gone for good and this discount disappears! Happy shopping!
Interview with Andrea Procida of Andrea Wysocki Jewelry Sunday, August 18, 2013
Check out our interview with Andrea Procida, the designer behind the lovely handmade jewelry line Andrea Wysocki Jewelry!
Tell me a bit about yourself and your creations:
My name is Andrea Procida and I'm the owner/designer/maker behind Andrea Wysocki Jewelry and I am a mom of two little boys. My designs are clean, simple and modern. All of my jewelry is sterling silver (occasionally vermeil) with a hammered texture and a matte finish.
What inspires you to create?
I am inspired by simple shapes and the environment around me. I started because I wanted simple jewelry that I could wear and that I liked. Jewelry that you don't have to match to an outfit but jewelry that will go with everything.
Describe your creative process:
I usually come up with an idea or shape and base my collections around that. Last year it was organic ovals/circles, for fall/winter it will be leaves. I LOVE this new collection and can't wait to launch it!
What are some of your favorite creations?
Well I love all of my designs but some favorites are my large hammered ovals w. amazonite. They are a fun addition to an outfit. I also love my organic hammered oval with chalcedony necklace and my new fall leaves collection.
How do you want your craft and business to evolve?
I would love to do more wholesale and sell in stores across the country. I would love more people to know about my jewelry.
What or who influences you as an artisan?
I wouldn't say there is anyone or anything that directly influences me. I create what I love, and I love it when other people love it too. It keeps me driven to do more.
What brings people to seek out your creations, and what makes your work unique?
My simple, organic style is what people love. That it is everyday, handmade jewelry. It's not trendy so it isn't something that is going to go out of style in a couple years.
What choices have you made that helped your business the most?
To do my business full-time, or as full-time as I can with two kids. When I was working I couldn't give it my all.
What advice would you give other artisans?
Do what you love. If you don't love it you won't have the drive to continue. I wake up every morning and I'm excited to get to work.
Where can your creations be found?
On my website www.andreawysocki.com, on Opensky and in a few stores in California.
10 Ways to Boost Your Creativity Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Whether you're stuck in a creative rut, looking for a new project to immerse yourself in, or simply hoping to harness creativity like you never have before, there are plenty of ways to get your creativity flowing. Take a look at these 10 helpful tips for boosting your creativity right away!
1. Try new things. The more you open your mind to new things, the more you can be inspired by. So, try something you've never done before as often as you can.
2. Set aside time for creativity. It's easy to get caught up in the rush of life. So, f you notice you've been putting your creativity on the back burner, consider setting aside a little bit of time each week to work on your creative projects.
3. Write down your ideas. Whenever a new idea comes to you, write it down immediately. It's easy to forget an idea if it comes to you while your busy at work or drifting off to sleep, but if you just take a moment to write it down, you can be sure you'll have it for later.
4. Do something relaxing. Go for a walk in the woods, read a book, or do some yoga. Make sure you take time to yourself to do something you enjoy in order to de-stress and make your mind more open for creative thoughts to enter.
5. Surround yourself with other creative people. Join a club, take a class, or check out a local art event. Talking with other people about their creativity will help to spark new ideas for you and get the creative juices flowing.
6. Think positively. Having a positive mental attitude is one of the best ways to succeed. Release negative thoughts and energy and focus on the positive things in your life.
7. Explore new ideas. It's likely you've thought of things you've wanted to do that may stray from your usual medium or style, but take the chance to explore those new ideas. Consider picking up a book or trying out a class in a type of art you've always wanted to try out.
8. Have a curious mind. Ask questions about things you're curious about and take time to learn about them. You never know what incredible things you can discover.
9. Keep a journal. Journaling is one of the best ways to discover new things about yourself, and it's an excellent tool for writing down ideas of new creative projects.
10. Daydream. Let your mind wander from time to time, without letting any stressful thoughts come in. Simply let your thoughts flow, and new ideas will surely enter your mind in no time.
If you have any other amazing tips for boosting your creativity, please let us know in the comments!
Phoenix Locket Necklace Giveaway Winner Sunday, June 30, 2013
Thank you to everyone who entered our giveaway for a handmade Phoenix Locket Necklace from ideology jewelry! We were very excited to receive a total of 134 entries for our very first giveaway on our new site and are happy to announce the winner:
Ashley Marie Busch
Congratulations, Ashley! We will contact you for details on where to send your Phoenix Locket Necklace!
Remember, we are also currently offering a coupon code for 25% OFF your entire purchase to celebrate our new website! Enter GRANDOPENING at check out to receive these great savings on our handmade jewelry!
Welcome to ideology's blog! Thursday, June 20, 2013
Welcome to ideology's brand new website for our handmade jewelry line of versatile charm and gemstone pieces. Stay up to date with all of our new designs, sales, specials, giveaways, fresh content, and news on our new blog. You can check out all the latest designs in our boutique, and feel free to comment on our blog posts. You can reach us using our contact form with any questions or inquiries you may have.
To celebrate our new website, we're offering a special discount of 25% OFF your entire purchase. Use the coupon code GRANDOPENING at checkout.
We're also offering a special giveaway for one of our very popular designs, a handmade Phoenix Locket Necklace! Use the widget below to get as many entries as you can! You can enter through June 30.